I feel like I should write a proper update post, as people keep asking me things!
So I’ll start with stuff-I’ve-done, before moving on to things I’m going to do.
I’ve done: (COMPLETELY out of order)
- Went to Live at the Apollo (BBC standup comedy show which is currently replacing Jonathan Ross on Friday nights), which was pretty cool. And look! One of the episodes is on iPlayer already.
- Did I mention I saw Avenue Q?
- And then last night I went to Kat’s musical-themed birthday party, where someone came as the Bad Idea Bears! I just wore my costume from Ooh La La, which you have already seen.
- Did I also mention I saw Kenneth! Branagh! in Ivanov, which was awesome.
- Met up with Steph, who was over from Amsterdam, and went to the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition at the Natural History Museum. Also had tea at Liberty, dahling.
- I already told you about the cookalong, which was so much fun and must be repeated! (as in, making that recipe again AND doing the next cookalong)
- Some dancing! I’ve been doing various dance workshops like Lindy Hop, 20s Charleston, and today I did Rock and Roll.
- And last week Rebecca and I went to see Dave Dobbyn. Hello nostalgia!
- People Tree sample sale on Friday. I went a little nuts. I set pretty strict rules for myself and what I can buy these days – it should be ethically produced or secondhand, and I try not to buy too much stuff, both because it’s bad for the environment and I’ve got nowhere to put it. This has resulted in me not really buying all that much. I still love clothes though. So the sample sale was fab – everything there was ethical! I got a dress, a tunic, a summer work shirt, some trousers, a top, a tshirt, some knickers and a few necklaces.
- Charlotte and Glyn’s farewell dinner, at which she announced she was pregnant! and I caught up with a couple of the girls from her hen night.
And hopefully good times ahead:
- Going back to NZ on 20 December for a month. Stopovers in Tokyo and San Francisco! Lots to organise and I keep procrastinating… but yay! It’s going to be weird though…
- Moving out of my flat when I leave, and
- Moving into a new flat when I get back! Nice place, nice flatmate (hopefully by then TWO nice flatmates), good location… but I’ll save the details for when I’ve moved in.
So, if I don’t post much, it’s because I have a LOT to do. Sigh.